Sleeps 5/6 + Cot
Cape Cottage is our VisitBritain 5 star Gold Award cottage offering guests with physical disabilities every special feature they need.
Built-in 2011, luxury Cape Cottage cleverly blends the needs and comforts for able and less able guests.
Lower Wood Farm’s trademark highest quality fittings and furnishings are not remotely compromised by its adaptations.
Cape Cottage offers an open-plan living area and well-planned kitchen and dining areas, all with the vaulted ceilings and oak beams in keeping with the old farm building style of all our cottages with under-floor heating throughout.
- Bi-fold doors open onto the outside patio and seating area.
- Private parking and full wheelchair access.
- VisitBritain 5 star Gold Award
- Supreme holiday accommodation for family and friends.
- Accessible Cottage. M2 Grade.
- Super-king with en-suite bathroom and separate disabled wet room
- 1 triple bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath.
- Cape Cottage has private car parking for 2 cars plus an EV charging bay.
Your Cottage includes:
- Linen (duvets) and towels
- Oil underfloor heating
- Smart TV and DVD in the lounge
- Both bedrooms have a wall-mounted flat-screen TV.
- Superfast WIFI
- Radio with iPod and iPhone docking station
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, drinks chiller, washing machine and Nespresso coffee machine with arrival capsules selection
- Highchair, cot and bed-guard on request.
- Cot linen is NOT provided
- Private BBQ
Shared Complex Facilities:
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Play Barn with lounge area, pool table, table tennis & under 5’s play area
- Children’s outdoor play paddock, swings, climbing frame, football area with goal posts and bike shelter with a selection of bikes to suit all ages.
- Open plan gardens with garden furniture, barbecue and quiet sitting areas
- On-site laundry facilities washing machines & dryer
- Off-road car parking with E.V. charging point (cost not inclusive) Please note Cape Cottage has private parking also with an E.V. charging point (cost not inclusive)
All our cottages are non-smoking and we are unable to accept pets
WHAT OUR GUESTS HAVE TO SAY...
"What can i say we were all blown away by Lower Wood Farm!
The communication before our stay was fantastic and very detailed, the host also called me the day before to check arrival times and how we wanted the bed layed out which was a lovely touch.
When we arrived the cottage was spotlessly clean - not a speck of dust anywhere! The cottages are beautifully equipped with lovely decor and all amenities you could require. Our cottage was also so spacious and light- we loved it.
All the extras is what makes this place even more special - the play barn with all the toys for the children, table tennis, pool tables etc etc was really fun and again always kept clean.
The pool was fantastic - we LOVED having our own slots for private swims with other members of our party - this was great from a covid safe point of view but also nice to just have your own space too.
The grounds were lovely and so well kept, the children's outdoor play area was fab too.
We can't fault this place at all and will definitely be back! Thank you!! "
Cape Cottage, 2022-05-04
"first time in norfolk & at lower farm. all excellent facilities & accommodation. children loved it, especially the swimming every day. will definitely be back & maybe when the weather is a bit kinder to us & we can maximise the outdoor space. "
Cape Cottage, 2022-04-02
"Another lovely break at Lowerwood farm. Batteries recharged in the Norfolk countryside, pool is a lovely way to start and end the day.
Looking forward to another visit. "
Cape Cottage, 2021-12-08
"Cape Cottage was lovely. As a wheelchair user it was spacious and practical with the wet room en suite and the additional bathroom. The owners Jill and Roy were particularly helpful during our stay, nothing was to much trouble. Roy even mowed the farm paths for me to make them more accessible. The facilities were excellent, very well maintained and spotlessly clean. I would definitely recommend a stay."
Cape Cottage, 2021-09-30
"Had a lovely stay at Cape Cottage at Lower Wood Farm. It accommodated 2 families in which I wanted. Everything inside was from home. We used it as base to go sightseeing but it is also has facilities for the family and young children if you do decide not to go out, but just to have family time. We’ve been twice now and probably go again in the future "
Cape Cottage, 2021-09-14
"We enjoyed a wonderful week as a family of 5 at the end of August 2021. My parents stayed in another cottage on the farm, and we all agreed that each accommodation was superbly clean and met all our individual needs.
Jill was very welcoming and ensured we had everything we needed.
My children adored the grounds, especially the play barn and the abundance of toys and books. The swimming pool was another highlight of our stay, where we swam as a family everyday for just under an hour.
Although remote, there was plenty to do for families with young children and our cottage felt like a home from home. Little touches like the picnic blanket in the cupboard and the plastic plates for the children really showed Jill's attention to detail.
We are returning to the same accommodation in Summer 2022! Many thanks for a superb break away in Norfolk."
Cape Cottage, 2021-09-04
"We,ve had such a lovely holiday here ,perfect for children and adults ,beautiful countryside and lovely playbarn and outside toys for all ages .So peaceful but also near to many attractions for days out ."
Cape Cottage, 2021-06-12
"We had a wonderful break made all the better by the glorious weather. Would highly recommend any of the cottages but cape cottage was especially well appointed, lots of space and adjacent to the play barn. "
Cape Cottage, 2021-06-05
Flyover Video & Site Plan
Explore Lower Wood Farm complex from the air by watching our flyover video or by viewing the site plan below.View Video
Our holiday cottages offer quality fittings and furnishings and are tastefully designed with attention to detail, many retaining the old beams and vaulted ceilings. All have been awarded Visit Britain 4 and 5-star gold ratings and sit within five acres of beautiful open gardens and fields with an abundance of wildlife.