Terms & Conditions
- On the day of arrival, your cottage is booked from 2 pm On the day of departure all accommodation is to be vacated by 9 am in Covid times or 10 am in normal times. You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition All cottages are booked from Friday to Friday. Short breaks are Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday. We except any day to any day out of season subject to availability.
- The Hirer will be held responsible for the loss or breakage of any fixture, fittings, utensils, crockery or cutlery. Please report any loss or breakages. We reserve the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise.
- A Deposit is payable at the time of booking of 20% of your holiday cottage cost. Once the booking has been made and our receipt issued the deposit may not be refunded should you subsequently cancel or fail to comply with condition 4.
- The balance of the monies must be received at least 56 days before the date on which the holiday is due to start. Failure to comply with this condition may result in the loss of your deposit and the cancellation of your holiday. We email a reminder 7 days before the due date.
- All bookings are accepted on the condition that a security deposit is held on arrival of £100.00 sleep 4 cottages, £200.00 sleep 6 or 9 (debit card) per property. The security deposit is not activated if your cottage is left in a clean and tidy condition and any breakages have been reported and dealt with prior to departure. You will be emailed confirmation within 24 hours of departure of any charges for excessive cleaning or missing items.
- Cancellations are effective from the date on which we are advised. We will acknowledge your cancellation in writing. Deposits are NOT refundable. You are still liable for the balance payment if we are unable to re-let the accommodation. If full payment has been made, we will endeavour to re-let your holiday accommodation and refund the whole or part of the balance fee we receive on re-letting. For this reason, we strongly recommend you take holiday cancellation insurance.
- Lower Wood Farm reserves the right to refuse any booking application, or to refuse or terminate accommodation at their absolute discretion.
- Group Bookings Multi-cottage bookings are taken out of season only (see 16.)
- Lower Wood Farm does not accept booking from anyone under 18 years of age. We cater primarily for family bookings – therefore single-sex groups and/or younger parties may not find us suitable.
- We regret pets cannot be permitted into the cottages.
- Lower Wood Farm cannot be liable in the event that accommodation or advertised facilities shall not be available due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Lower Wood Farm cannot be held liable for any loss or damage, however caused, to customer’s property of any description during their stay at Lower Wood Farm.
- Under no circumstances must the cottage offered for more persons than the number for which the accommodation is intended occupy hire.
- Lower Wood Farm Indoor Swimming Pool is for the use of persons staying at Lower Wood Farm. All guests agree to abide by the health and safety rules. Use of the swimming pool is entirely at own risk, no lifeguard, no lone swimmers, no unaccompanied children, and no hoist. Ensure you read our swimming pool safety rules.
- Lower Wood Farm is a non-smoking establishment.PLEASE NOTE – We strongly recommend that you take holiday cancellation insurance. We remind you that Lower Wood farm is in no way responsible for loss or damage to your property whilst you are here. We recommend therefore that you insure your personal effects, clothing and cash in the normal way before coming on holiday.
- Group Bookings at Lower Wood Farm
No one person can book multi cottages. Each cottage is only bookable by the persons accommodating that property. We are trying to provide facilities to meet the needs of all guests while retaining the security and well-being of our property. Contact prior to the arrival of group bookings needs to be made with the organiser to ensure that all their party are fully aware of our conditions of hire, and safety rules and are happy to comply. That dining/catering is discussed and agreed with all extras in place for you on arrival. This is to ensure that your stay is an enjoyable one. Our cottages are designed and equipped to meet the needs of the number of sleeping guests in each property. Lower Wood Farm caters mainly for young families. Where a number of families wish to join together and enjoy a weekend or holiday at Lower Wood Farm bookings are accepted with the understanding of the following group conditions.
Guests are requested to dine in their own cottages.
- Extra dining is by prior arrangement only.
- We can assist with portable dining table and further cutlery and crockery in certain cottages where space permits
- We can assist with an outside catering service.
- We do not permit the moving of equipment and furniture from cottage to cottage
- We do not permit house parties
Maximum dining in Lower Wood Farm Cottages
|caters for 10 but can increase to 14 (with extra table)
|caters for 6 but can increase to 10 (with extra table)
|caters for 6 but can increase to 10 (with extra table)
This is the safe set number of diners that each cottage can cater to.
Please do not exceed.
Each cottage is the responsibility of the named guests on the booking form as detailed in Lower Wood Farm conditions of hire.
We may require an extra overall security deposit for group bookings. This is to cover multiple uses of shared facilities and equipment. Which is payable with the balance payment 56 days before arrival and returned within 7 days of departure. Less excessive breakages and cleaning.
With discussion, all can be ready and in place for your arrival and requests catered for.
Our health and safety requirements for the use of the swimming pool and facilities are displayed in each cottage on arrival.
All guests are required to read before using facilities.
The use of the swimming pool must be supervised by an appropriate number of adults to children at all times. This will be confirmed with you on the number of children in you party. High bather use of the pool increases the risk of an accident.
We reserve the right to withdraw the use of our facilities if our health and safety rules are not complied with.
The play barn is a shared facticity and remains open at all times. Please use with consideration to other guests. The play barn may be used for private parties with prior notice.
Late-night use of the outside barbecue, play area and gardens may require consideration to other guests staying at Lower Wood Farm who may be wishing to settle young children.
Please advise us on outside visiting guests. This may not be possible at peak letting times when our facilities are in full use and we have limited car parking. Please do not be offended if your request is not granted.
A small charge will be made for outside guest use of the swimming pool.