Cottage Booking Terms & Conditions for Covid 19 until further notice
Keeping all of us safe while on holiday – Updated 27th November 2020
Latest News – We will be opening from Friday 4th December. Norfolk will be coming out of lockdown into tier 2. Based on government guidance we will be looking forward to welcoming guests from tiers 1 and 2 only. We will not be able to accept bookings from guests in tier 3 areas. The rule of 6 continues to apply (with the exception of the Wednesday 23rd-Sunday 27th December where the 3 family revised Christmas rules apply). To account for these changes to the rules we have updated our cottage booking system for Christmas stays from Wednesday 23rd-Sunday 27th December for guests wishing to make the most of the 3 family rule and full cottage occupancy potential. For bookings outside of these dates we will only take single family bookings per cottage until further notice.
News update 5th November Lower Wood Farm is enduring a second lockdown from Thursday 5th November until 2nd December. We have cancelled and refunded all the cottage bookings that have been affected by this second lockdown. We will continue preparing for the festive season, hoping there will not be a further extension. We will be open from Friday 4th December for December breaks and Christmas. The New Year is now fully booked. We are taking single family bookings only in all cottages up to 4 persons in the sleep 4 cottages and up to 6 persons in the sleep 6 cottages. The Farmhouse has been reduced from sleeping 7 to sleeping 6 for 2021. Braeburn Barn guests therefore now have the luxury of space in our 4 bedroom barn for a single family unit. This applies to bookings going forward in 2021 until further notice. We thank all our guests that have stayed with us since 4th July and sincerely thank them for working with us in keeping everyone safe. We wish you all well in the coming weeks ahead. Best Regards Jill
We continue to work hard to keep LWFarm open through these challenging times and to bring life and wonderful moments back to our cottages and facilities, while monitoring health and safety measures that will offer our guests as much peace of mind as possible. We continue to pay close attention to the instructions relating to safety given by the local authority and governing bodies.
For assurance we are placing your and our health and safety as a top priority in these uncertain times. To this end we are implementing a strict regime of cleaning and hygiene control. We will have some additional control measures which we will ask all guests to follow – this will ensure that your stay is as safe and relaxed as possible.
We of course will ask that you maintain strict social distancing measures when staying with us. We have implemented a private booking schedule for use of the pool to ensure that family groups are protected. The play barn will remain closed at present. All cottages and shared facilities have hand sanitisers outside each external door.
We will be operating correct procedures in a relaxed manner for all guests to follow to ensure their well being during they stay.
From Monday 14th September the Six Rule became Law in England.
People should not go on holiday in England with people outside their household (including bubble) in a group larger than six people.
People in the same bubble can also gather indoors even if the group size is more than 6.
A group size can exceed 6 as long as they are from one household or bubble. As this will be law, the guest will need to prove they comply if they want a booking for more than six people.
Tier 2 Area
If you live in a Tier 2 area you are still able to take your holiday with us providing you are from 1 household with a maximum of 6 persons.
Tier 3 Area
If you live in a Tier 3 area and the lockdown period coincides with your holiday dates booked with us …..you must contact us and cancel your stay. We will refund your holiday cost.
We are checking all our advance bookings for the short term and contacting guests we understand may be affected by local lockdowns and restrictions.
- You may be set a specific arrival time to ensure that we can welcome you safely
- Car parking – while we will attempt to stagger arrivals – if you are unloading at the same time as other guests please maintain social distancing.
- Luggage trolley – available on arrival with appropriate cleaning sprays and wipes
- Your cottage has a hand sanitiser on all external doors
- There will be a welcome tea tray unless you request otherwise
- As advised, we have removed throws and cushions from beds
- If you wish to bring your own bed linen (quilt, pillows, covers) this is fine but please let us know in advance so we can remove LWF bedlinen.
- We will include in the welcome pack some additional cleaning items for additional assurance – please feel free to bring any products as you wish
- Additionally as part of supporting the NHS during this pandemic – we are required to collect the full names, mobile phone numbers and e-mail addresses for of all adults staying in our cottages. We hope you understand this additional precaution. All details captured will be destroyed 21 days post departure. Additionally we have track and trace QR codes in each cottage for you to check in with.
During your stay
- The communal BBQ areas are available with appropriate cleaning sprays and wipes
- Our swimming pool is open with strict booking and usage directions which will form part of your arrival advice.
- The bikes are available for use – again cleaning spray and wipes are recommended and available for when using the bikes.
- Outdoor play equipment – this can be safely used with the addition of the available sanitisers and wipes. There is plenty of outdoor space for children to safely play whilst socially distancing. Additionally, there is plenty of available outdoor seating and picnic benches
- At this point in time the play barn has to remain closed.
- In your accommodation during this heightened need for extra hygiene measures it would be greatly appreciated if all surfaces are maintained to a suitable level of cleanliness this extends to bathrooms and toilets
- In the unfortunate event that any family member shows COVID-19 symptoms i.e. temperature/sweating, new persistent cough, loss of taste and or smell, you must contact us immediately and you will be requested to vacate your cottage and return home to isolate at once. This is consistent with Government advice. This is for the health and safety of all Guests and staff at Lower Wood Farm. This extends to any family/friends in adjoining cottages that have been in close contact with the persons showing symptoms.
- Visitors – unfortunately during this period we cannot permit any non-resident visitors to Lower Wood Farm – this is non-negotiable, thank you for your understanding
- On the day of your departure we may set a specified time for you to vacate (likely before 09:00 to allow our extended cleaning procedures to commence)
- In keeping with the enhanced cottage hygiene measures we would appreciate on departure day if you could pay specific attention to the following: –
- Bathrooms – a final once over spray before departure would be greatly appreciated
- Kitchens – please could you please leave work surfaces cleaned and any breakfast items placed in the dishwasher and started on hot wash – thank you
- Empty bins and nappy bins
- We do not ask you to hoover or dust!
Terms and Conditions for NEW bookings until further notice.
To comply with the Rule of Six we are only excepting single family bookings in our cottages (sorry no group bookings).
Cottage Booking Terms and Conditions for COVID 19 until further notice. These will apply to any guest making a new booking and will cover COVID 19 related issues and cancellations.
- Bookings for cottages that are shown to be vacant may be reserved online through our website.
- You will be contacted via email and requested to pay a 20% deposit of your holiday cost and your booking with us will be confirmed. (payment by Bacs or bankers card only).
- Your balance payment will be payable 14 days before arrival.
You Cancelling your holiday
- Due to a corona virus related problem, e.g. family member has symptoms and you are all having to self-isolate, Or your home area being subjected to a local lock down – Then we will refund your payments in full within 5 working days.
- If you have to cancel due to any other reason not related to COVID-19 than our existing terms and conditions apply.
- If you arrive and start your holiday, any family member showing COVID-19 symptoms must contact us immediately and you will be requested to vacate your cottage and return home to isolate at once. This is consistent with Government advice. This is for the health and safety of all guests and staff at Lower Wood Farm. There will be a percentage refund of your holiday cost depending on the length of your stay before departure. No guests from that cottage will be allowed to remain at Lower Wood Farm. This extends to any family/friends in adjoining cottages that have been in close contact with the persons showing symptoms.
Us Cancelling your holiday
- If we are either locked down or placed into tier 3 restrictions then any payment received for the bookings affected by the closure period will be refunded in 5 working days.