Terms and Conditions
- On the day of arrival your cottage is booked from 2 pm On the day of departure all accommodation is to be vacated by 10 am You are obliged to leave everything in a clean and tidy condition All cottages are booked Friday to Friday. Short breaks are Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday. We except any day to any day out of season subject to availability.
- The Hirer will be held responsible for the loss or breakage of any fixture, fittings, utensils, crockery or cutlery. Please report any loss or breakages. We reserve the right to enter any accommodation (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise.
- A Deposit is payable at the time of booking of 20% of your holiday cottage cost. Once the booking has been made and our receipt issued the deposit may not be refunded should you subsequently cancel or fail to comply with condition 4.
- The balance of the monies must be received at least 56 days before the date on which the holiday is due to start. (no reminders are sent) Failure to comply with this condition may result in the loss of your deposit and the cancellation of your holiday.
- All bookings are accepted on the condition that a security deposit is paid on arrival of £100.00 (credit/debit card) per property. The security deposit is refunded if you cottage is left in a clean and tidy condition and any breakages have been reported and dealt with prior to departure. You will be emailed confirmation within 24 hours of departure of any charges for excessive cleaning or missing items.
- Cancellations are effective from the date on which we are advised. We will acknowledge your cancellation in writing. Deposits are NOT refundable. You are still liable for the balance payment if we are unable to re-let the accommodation. If full payment has been made we will endeavour to re-let your holiday accommodation and refund whole or part of the balance fee we receive on re-letting. For this reason we strongly recommend you take holiday cancellation insurance.
- Lower Wood Farm reserves the right to refuse any booking application, or to refuse or terminate accommodation at their absolute discretion.
- Group Bookings Multi-cottage bookings are taken mainly out of season. The organiser or leader will be responsible for completing the party details and ensuring all guests are aware of our Group bookings requirements (see below).
- Lower Wood Farm does not accept booking from anyone under 18 years of age. We cater primarily for family bookings – therefore single-sex groups and/or younger parties may not find us suitable.
- We regret pets cannot be permitted into the cottages.
- Lower Wood Farm cannot be liable in the event that accommodation or advertised facilities shall not be available due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Lower Wood Farm cannot be held liable for any loss or damage, however caused, to customer’s property of any description during their stay at Lower Wood Farm.
- Under no circumstances must the cottage offered for more persons than the number for which the accommodation is intended occupy hire.
- Lower Wood Farm Indoor Swimming Pool is for the use of persons staying at Lower Wood Farm. All guests agree to abide by the health and safety rules. Use of the swimming pool is entirely at own risk, no lifeguard, no lone swimmers, no unaccompanied children, and no hoist. Ensure you read our swimming pool safety rules. Guests visiting guests may use the pool by prior arrangement with the owners and a small charge will be applied.
- Lower Wood Farm is a non-smoking establishment.
PLEASE NOTE – We strongly recommend that you take holiday cancellation insurance.We remind you that Lower Wood farm is in no way responsible for loss or damage to your property whilst you are here. We recommend therefore that you insure your personal effects, clothing and cash in the normal way before coming on holiday
Group Bookings at Lower Wood Farm
We are trying to provide facilities to meet the needs of all guests while retaining the security and well being of our property. Contact prior to the arrival of group bookings needs to be made with the organiser to ensure that all their party are fully aware of our conditions of hire, safety rules and are happy to comply. That dining/catering is discussed and agreed with all extras in place for you on arrival. This is to ensure that your stay is an enjoyable one.
Our cottages are designed and equipped to meet the needs of the number of sleeping guests in each property.
Lower Wood Farm caters mainly for young families.
Where a number of families wish to join together and enjoy a weekend or holiday at Lower Wood Farm bookings are accepted with the understanding of the following group conditions.
We are able to provide large group dining for up to 50 guests in a private dining room and this is serviced by our Outside caterer.
Guests are requested to dine in their own cottages at all other times.
- Extra dining is by prior arrangement
- We can assist with portable dining table and further cutlery and crockery in certain cottages where space permits
- We can assist with an outside catering service.
- We do not permit the moving of equipment and furniture from cottage to cottage
- We do not permit house parties
Maximum dining in Lower Wood Farm Cottages
|Braeburn Barn||caters for 10 but can increase to 16 (with extra table)|
|The Farmhouse||caters for 7 but can increase to 10 (with extra table)|
|The Cottage||caters for 6 but can increase to 10 (with extra table)|
This is the safe set number of diners that each cottage can cater.
Please do not exceed.
Our health and safety requirements for the use of the swimming pool and facilities are displayed in each cottage on arrival.
All guests are required to read before using facilities.
The use of the swimming pool must be supervised by an appropriate number of adults to children at all times. This will be confirmed with you on the number of children in you party.
High bather use of the pool increases the risk of an accident.
We reserve the right to withdraw the use of our facilities if our health and safety rules are not complied with.
The play barn may be used for private parties with prior notice.
Late night use of the outside barbecue, play area and gardens may require consideration to other guests staying at Lower Wood Farm who may be wishing to settle young children.
Please advise us on outside visiting guests
A small charge will be made for outside guest use of the swimming pool
A group organiser will be required to be held responsible for dealing with any issues arising from the group booking.
Each cottage is the responsibility of the named guests on the booking form as detailed in Lower Wood Farm conditions of hire.
We require a security deposit for group bookings, which is payable with the balance payment 56 days before arrival and returned within 7 days of departure.
Less excessive breakages and cleaning.
We try to meet the needs of all guests staying at Lower Wood Farm.
Large group bookings do require attention and planning.
With discussion all can be ready and in place for your arrival and requests catered for. Please contact us in advance for special requests.
Our new Play Barn and dining room are away from the cottage buildings. This will enable large groups to be able to “get together” without disturbing the ambiance of the cottage complex.
Please contact us if you wish to discuss further any of the above detail or have special requests.
Jill 01493 722523
The owl box has four young….two girls and two boys. All excellent weight and will soon be flying and hunting.
New for 2017 We have re-furbished our cottage lounges in The Appleloft, The Cottage, Russet and Bramley…picture are updated.
We are fully booked for the summer weeks of July and August.
Vacancies from 1st September.
Book Fri – Fri or Mon – Mon weekly lets
Short breaks Fri – Mon or Mon – Fri.
Planning Christmas or New Year
22 -29 Dec for Christmas week.
29 – 5 Jan New Year.
Short breaks Fri – Mon or Mon to Fri